SoluMatrix Fine Particle Technology™ makes low-dose NSAIDs possible
SoluMatrix Fine Particle Technology™ is a proprietary technology that is used to create NSAID drug particles that are approximately 10 to 20 times smaller than their original size.1
- This reduction in particle size increases surface area, which leads to the product being quickly dissolved and rapidly absorbed
- With SoluMatrix Fine Particle Technology™, NSAIDs are delivered at low-dose strengths with rapid absorption and low systemic exposure2‑4
The science of less
Iroko Pharmaceuticals developed low-dose SoluMatrix® NSAIDs to align with FDA and other regulatory authorities as well as several professional medical organizations’ recommendations on NSAID dosing: Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals.5
- Data on file, Iroko Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
- Hussaini A, Solorio D, Young C. Pharmacokinetic properties of low-dose SoluMatrix meloxicam in healthy adults. Clin Rheumatol. [epub ahead of print]
- Desjardins PJ, Olugemo K, Solorio D, Young CL. Pharmacokinetic properties and tolerability of low-dose SoluMatrix diclofenac. Clin Ther. 2015;37(2):448-461.
- Olugemo K, Solorio D, Sheridan C, Young CL. Pharmacokinetics and safety of low-dose submicron indomethacin 20 and 40 mg compared with indomethacin 50 mg. Postgrad Med. 2015;127(2):223-231.
- US Food and Drug Administration. Public health advisory – FDA announces important changes and additional warnings for COX-2 selective and non-selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformation forPatientsandProviders/ucm150314.htm. Published April 7, 2005. Accessed December 4, 2015.