Iroko’s global headquarters is located in the Philadelphia Navy Yard Corporate Center and opened in December 2012. As part of Iroko’s commitment to environmental responsibility, the company carefully considered the environmental impact the new facility would have on the surrounding landscape.
- Iroko corporate headquarters is a 56,412-square-foot, 4-story facility that earned a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) gold certificate from the US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- The building was designed to adhere to sustainable principles in key LEED categories, including:
- Energy and atmosphere
- Materials and resources
- Indoor environmental quality
- The facility was built predominantly with locally sourced materials
Learn more about Iroko’s environmentally friendly headquarters
In April 2016, Iroko received the prestigious TOBY Award under the Corporate Facility category. The TOBY Award recognizes excellence in building management, operational efficiency, tenant retention, emergency planning, and community impact.
Some of the standards used to determine winners include excellence in:
- Energy Star® Performance Rating
- Energy conservation
- Environmental, regulatory, and sustainability efforts
- Emergency preparedness/life safety
- Training for building personnel
Additionally, in April 2016, the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Sustainability selected Iroko as one of three winners in a year-long Energy Reduction Race among 39 companies whose goal was to reduce energy usage by 5%. Iroko won the award for the Biggest Energy Star Score Improvement by raising its score from 63 to 74. See the announcement here.